The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is a register of Australian education providers that recruit, enrol and teach overseas students.
Registration on CRICOS allows providers to offer courses to overseas students studying in Australia on student visas.
Legislation relating to Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS):
|ESOS Act 2000||Government legislation|
|ESOS Regulations||Government legislation|
|National Code||Government legislation|
The Education Services for Overseas Students Framework (ESOS) that includes the ESOS Act 2000, ESOS Regulations and National Code and related laws set out the requirements for providers who deliver education services to international students on a student visa.
These laws protect international students and also help ensure students meet student visa conditions for attending classes and making satisfactory progress in their studies while in Australia.
For further information on Australian Legislation and how it affects International Students visit the Department of Education and Training (DET).
|International student fact sheet||Info|
Other legislation/ regulations
- If offering vocational education and training (VET) courses, the provider must comply with the VET Quality Framework
- If offering English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS), the provider must comply with the ELICOS National Standards.
For the latest policies and procedures, please go to our website or request a copy from reception.
|CAE policies and procedures||Downloads|
The following policies are available:
- Refund policy
- Complaints and appeals policy
- Critical incident and evacuation policy
- Overseas student transfers
- Policies regarding Attendance, monitoring course progress
- Deferring, Suspending or Cancelling the Overseas Student’s Enrolment
Note that CAE does not enrol international students under 18 years of age